CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Hot Women in Ultimate

One thing I have thought about over the last 5 years or so (and I am sure I am not in the minority) is attractive women in disc. I thought I would give a little run down as to who I thought were some very beautiful albeit talented women in our sport. I would also like to say that my criteria limited me to people that I don't know directly as well as well moderately well known women in the sport (or at least those I could find information on). I should also say that i am fully aware of the back lash that I might get after writing something like this but I don't really care. I feel that the ultimate community is great but can sometimes be overly sensitive. Sorry to those folks out there, stop reading now. For everyone else, enjoy.

Enessa Janes

First off, this girl is absolutely phenomenal. She was on the cover of the 2006 UPA college championship magazine. Wait, wasn't that the year Florida went 43-1 or whatever? Yep, but this hottie got the cover. Why? Well she just so happened to win her 3rd national championship in 5 years, not to mention made the finals 4 out of those 5 years. She only made semis in 2004. In addition she just won her 2nd straight Women's club national championship with Fury and is probably on her way to winning a world title in Vancouver next year. Oh and did I mention that she was not only an undergrad at Stanford for Land Management but she also got her Masters in Environmental Communication and Journalism. In case you are curious to know what she is up to now, she is a PhD student for Architecture and Planning at University of Colorado, Denver and Health Sciences Center. Here is a link that talks about her accomplishments without her cleats and an article that she wrote . Wow.

Anna Nazarov
Once upon a time there was this Women's ultimate team that made the finals at nationals in THEIR 3rd YEAR OF EXISTENCE. That team was UCLA BLU (Bruin Ladies Ultimate). 2003 was their first year in existence, and 2006 was their first trip to nationals. This year they were the #1 seed at nationals but lost in semis to UCSB Buring Skirts. In addition to being very beautiful, Anna just so happened to be the #1 woman in the country and earned herself the Callahan MVP award. Wow, where do you go from here? Good thing she was a Civil and Environmental Engineering major as well as being involved with the Hogue Research Group. What is it with ultimate players? My god!!
Yes I have an asian thing, I am sorry, thats just how god made me. This isn't the best picture of her, i actually think she looks better in this one in the lower left but she is not the center of attention. I will say that, once again, BLU is a phenomenal team. I have a friend on SAMUG and he continually reminds me of how dominant this team is and I really think they are going to remain a serious powerhouse. I would like to offer more details outside of her being a stellar cutter and defender but I just can't find anything. I will say that I think that she is a huge Jon Stewart fan from her BLU profile and I think she will be one of the great remaining players on BLU after having lost so many seniors last year.
Ok, along with being hot, this woman just so happens to dominant at the elite women's level. She was on team Canada in 2005. Here is her profile with some Ultimate accolades at that point in time. She currently suits up for Riot who is sort of an elite women's team out of Seattle. Check out her player profile. She is also an actuary outside of ultimate. Now I am not all that familiar with what an actuary does, hence the wikipedia reference. But I do have a few friends that are trying to become one and it is no easy task. You have to pass like 7 tests over the span of a few years. But they make bank. Good for her and yeah, enjoy greatness, you are in good company.
Getting back to my asians, Angela Lin has always grabbed my attention since she was an alternate on Team USA in 2005. I think what I find most appealing is the fact that she is also, not unlike most people on this list, very educated off the field. Aside from playing/captaining at club nationals for OZONE she is also a research engineer at Georgia Tech meaning she puts together stuff like this. Wish I could find my name on pubmed. I get the feeling the dyed hair is probably a look she isn't sporting anymore, but I thought it was a cool picture.
First off I want to say that Gwen Ambler does a much better job at conveying women in disc so I refer you to her description of lindsey. Aside from being a standout at Michigan State, UNC Chapel Hill and on Backhoe, she also has her shit together and is a physical therapist at Duke University. I wonder who she roots for in that college basketball rivalry?

Then there the unknowns. I have come across some pictures of some very attractive female flat ballers. I wish I had more information on them because I am sure that they are exceedingly successful off the field as most folks are in this game.

Whoever this is, you are hot. I think she plays for Rough Riders. This picture was taken at NW regionals in 2006 and when I looked up the team, there are about 8 asian women on it and there is no website or images to speak of. Oh well, I am sure she is very talented and educated, not unlike every other woman on this list.

Another lady flat baller that is nameless as far as I know is her. No idea who she is or where she plays. Once again, I am assuming the best combination of talent, athleticism, and education.


I should say that the top of my list belongs to be the hottie with the body, the Brass mus-TASH, the one and only green-OUGH!!!

just my thoughts

match diesel

15 comments:

Unknown said...

you my friend are like an onion.

Unknown said...

And the winner of the 2007 Creepiest Blog Post Award is Match Diesel. That's not applause you hear, its the simultaneous filing of 8 restraining orders.

ellsworthless said...

Magazines of all kinds do this a lot. I don't think that you did it in a distasteful manner, really.

Sean said...

Yeah Raju!!!

The Pulse said...

If only he could live up to her success ...

Ducky said...

For awhile now I've been thinking, "who is this Match kid? I don't remember him from UCSD"...I guess I'm just a tad too old and hung out with only a couple Lite guys in my last years at SD. But now...with the addition of a picture, and this post, the pieces have fallen into place...Very interesting, indeed. :P

And, seriously? Do we really think that disclaimers or examples in mainstream culture can negate or make "okay" the objectification of women? I'm choosing not to put too much energy into thinking this particular post through but, "magazines of all kinds do this a lot"? Gimme a break.

That said, all Match has really done here is one of two things, or maybe both: 1) insured he'll never get a date with any of these ladies and/or 2) gotten them to notice him just enough to at least be totally wigged out if they ever see him in person.

Stalker much? :)

Handy said...

Hey MT, good thing you stood up for them. Now they'll know you're sensitive.

And there it is, I can hear Saipher's voice saying "Where's Mia?"

-Handy

p.s. to suggest that men's teams don't do a similar version of this at every frickin tournmanet or to suggest that I haven't heard 1000 times from my non-playing lady friends that Boston Invite or whatever tournament is an incredible selection of good-looking dudes is insane. It happens, both ways, only ICUltimate hasn't posted about hottest male ulti players. Maybe they will now, might be funny.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Handy, I needed that.

Gaaah I held off on posting here for so long, and you pulled me in ya bastard.

I'm actually quite satisfied that Mia is not on the list, because if I knew Match was attracted to my girlfriend I'd be fairly north of creeped out.

It would also make the infamous "Garbage Can/21st Century/Knifing Jordan" UConn Party have a much more disturbing outcome. (seriously)

All said if you guys thought this was dirty, you obviously have no idea who Match is. Commendable job restraining yourself Diesel.

P.S. Come to San Francisco.

Unknown said...

eww. super creepy. seriously dude, take it easy.

Unknown said...

It isn't like girls weren't already repulsed by his being a Ginger. If anything this article humanizes him, if just a little bit.

kelley kneib said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kelley kneib said...

i believe the last anonymous girl you mentioned is Tracey Satterfield, formerly of Schwa unless you were actually meaning to link to the picture of the girl before her in the thumbnails. not sure who she is...

David B said...

If it was the girl in the pink, that's my sister Brit. She started the women's ultimate program at Southern California and is a great player. I like your blog, Match, but I have to agree that this one is kinda creepy. Why not an article on some of the outstanding players from the women's division?
Cheers,
Dave

Greg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Greg said...

Don't let the haters get you down. Strong work on the asian choices, I'm there with you. No wonder you married Lucy Lu?